Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to Normalcy

So the pledge drive is finally over and Music is My Girlfriend can get back to its regular programming. For me, this meant doing a show consistingly almost entirely of new music. Last night's show was really fun as I had things planned out well and was able to concentrate solely on the music and making things flow. I think it was one of my best shows to date. I probably wouldn't play the Polyphonic Spree MLS stadium anthem "HOOPS Yes!" again, but every show deserves one miscue I guess.

There are alot of great new releases out right now, and thankfully we have pretty much all of them in the studio. Most of all I am really impressed by the new releases from Okkervil River and Bishop Allen. Check them out if you get a chance.

Finally, you may notice the new look for the site. I spent a good chunk of this morning working on that header so you had better like it.

Artist / Song

Architecture In Helsinki / Hold Music
Los Campesinos! / You! Me! Dancing!
Alina Simone / Saw-Edged Grass
Menomena / Rotten Hell (live)
Bishop Allen / Rain
Ra Ra Riot / Each Year (RAC mix)
Iron & Wine / Boy with a Coin
Okkervil River / You Can't Hold the Hand of a Rock and Roll Man
Rogue Wave / Lake Michigan
Earliment / Happy Alone
You Say Party! We Say Die! / Monster
the Brunettes / B.A.B.Y.
Imperial Teen / Room with a View
Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Down Boy
Interpol / Heinrich Manuever
Jose Gonzalez / Teardrops (live)
Bishop Allen / Click, Click, Click
Okkervil River / Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe
Tegan + Sara / Nineteen
Polyphonic Spree / HOOPS Yes! (FC Dallas)
You Say Party! We Say DIe! / Giant Hands
Los Campesinos! / Don't Tell Me to Do the Math
White WIlliams / Violator
Minus the Bear / Knights
Johan Agebjorn / Spacer Woman From Mars (feat. Sally Shapiro)
Explosions in the Sky / It's Natural to Be Afraid

Listening to: M.I.A. - Kala

No comments: