Monday, April 13, 2009

Portland Bound

4/13 Show
I'm headed to Portland, OR for a long weekend in a couple of days, so it seemed a good time to highlight that city's blossoming indie scene. The first hour+ of the show I dedicated to Portland bands (starting with 2 classic garage tracks and ending with Glass Candy). After that I previewed many an upcoming concert, of which I'm hoping to attend The Thermals/Shaky Hands show in about 2 weeks.

I'll still be in Portland next Monday, so I won't be on the radio.

Mp3 links are up, but there's only 2 this week.

Artist / Song
The Kingsmen / Louie Louie
Paul Revere & the Raiders / Just Like Me
Blitzen Trapper / Furr
Horse Feathers / Albina
Elliott Smith / Waterloo Sunset (live)
M. Ward / One Hundred Million Years
M. Ward / Never Had Nobody Like You
Viva Voce / Octavio
The Decemberists / Annan Water
The Helio Sequence / Can't Say No
The Dandy Warhols / She Sells Sanctuary
Menomena / E is Stable
Lackthereof / Last November
The Joggers / Era Prison
Wet Confetti / Dazzle of Dynamite
The Thermals / I Let it Go
Blind Pilot / We Are the Tide
Glass Candy / Life After Sundown
Dirty Projectors / Stillness is the Move
Mates of State / My Only Offer
Black Kids / I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You
Franz Ferdinand / Come on Home
Chairlift / Bruises
Heartless Bastards / All This Time
X / Johnny Hit and Run Pauline
Black Lips / Again & Again
Black Lips / Not a Problem
The Shaky Hands / I'm Alive
The Thermals / Power Doesn't Run on Nothing
Junior Boys / In the Morning

No comments: