Tuesday, May 15, 2007

the Going Home Edition

For my last Music is My Girlfriend before my return trip home (I will miss 2 shows), I decided to be so very creative and do a "going-home" theme. This featured mostly songs with the word "home" in the title, but also roadtrip songs and place-name songs. It went well, but was pretty mellow and depressing (based on the songs I played). I was tired and not much was happening in the way of studio visitors, so it worked. Thanks to Kellan for hanging out, and also Josh and Andrew for stopping by upon returning from their homefront (the frontrange). Tom was able to call-in and listen from back in Indiana, so many thanks to him as well.

Artist / Song / Album

Roger Miller / Whistle-stop
Clarence "Frogman" Henry / Ain't Got No Home
Dinosaur Jr. / Going Home / Where You Been *request from Gwen
Old 97s / Streets of Where I'm From / Too Far to Care
Wilco / Via Chicago / Kicking Television
Bob Dylan / Subterranean Homesick Blues / Bootleg Series
Radiohead / Subterranean Homesick Alien / OK Computer
Yo La Tengo / Feel Like Going Home / I Am Not Afraid of You...
Arlo Guthrie / I'm Going Home / Alice's Restuarant
Of Montreal / On the Drive Home / The Bird Who Continues to Eat the Rabbit's Flower
Elvis Costello / Radio Radio *request from Tom
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / In This Home on Ice / self-titled
Franz Ferdinand / Come On Home
Modest Mouse / A life of Artic Sounds / Building Nothing out of Something
Britt Daniels / Bring It Home to Me / Bridging the Distance Comp
Willie Nelson / Homeward Bound / Live and Kickin
Promise Ring / My Life is at Home / Wood/Water
Muddy Waters / I Feel Like Going Home
Rosie Thomas / Much Farther to Go / These Friends of Mine
Sufjan Stevens / Chicago / Feel the Illinoise
Gang of Four / At Home He's A Tourist / Return the Gift
Bloc Party / Price of Gas (Automato remix) / Silent Alarm remixed
LCD Soundsystem / Daft Punk is Playing at My House / self-titled
Patti Smith / Midnight Rider / Twelve
Belle + Sebastian / I Love my Car / Push Barman to Open Old Wounds
Medeski, Martin + Wood / Bubblehouse / Last Chance to Dance Trance
Jonathon Richman / Roadrunner (once) / Best of...
Detriot Cobras / Green Light / Tied + True
Velvet Underground / Train Round the Bend / Loaded
Charlie Rich / Feel Like Going Home

In other radio news, I am filling in tonight at the usual time - 10:30pm Colorado time. Tune in if you can.

No comments: