Friday, January 25, 2008

The Dog Ate It

Due to my sickness earlier in the week, I had to negotiate a radio show switch with my buddy Josh this week. Thus, my show fell on a Thursday this week. Having almost recovered from my coughing and mucus-filling ailment, I was excited to get back on the airwaves with a truckload of new music to share. It was a nice night with several calls from friends and random listeners to keep me motivated.

Despite to smoothness of the show, my night at KBUT had a rather bizarre beginning. The host of the show prior to mine had his rambuctious dog in the studio with him. As I took of my gloves, the pup promptly snatched one out of my hands and ran off. I gave mild chase, trying to have fun with the dog, but had no luck retrieving it. Just then the dog decided to swallow my glove. Not sure why. He did drink a good deal of water afterwards to wash it down. The owner said he would buy me a new pair, but I was more worried about him cleaning up dog puke at 3am that night.

Below is an mp3 link of this week's show. It runs from just before my show starts until the middle of Phosphorescent's "Worried Blues"{.
Music is My Girlfriend - 1/24/08

Artist / Song

Matt and Kim / Its A Fact (Printed Stained)
Grampall Jookabox / Take Me From Diamond Head
The Blakes / Don't Bother Me
the 757s / 1981
Say Hi / Northwestern Girls
State Bird / I Saw the Light
Menomena / Muscle N Flo
Moldy Peaches / Anyone Else But You
John Maus / Do Your Best
Tegan and Sara / Back in your Head (RAC remix)
Battle Royale / Confessions pt 2
Ghosthustler / Only Me to Trust
Oh No! Oh My! / Wham Bam Thank You Spaceman
Fiery Furnaces / Duplexes of the Dead
Sonic Youth / Teenage Riot
Times New Viking / Teenage Lust!
MGMT / Time to Pretend
Murder Mystery / Love Astronaut
Hot Chip / Made in the Dark
Mason Proper / Safe for the Time Being
Phosphorescent / Worried Blues
Lightspeed Champion / Galaxy of the Lost
Murder Mystery / Honey Come Home
Hot Chip / One Pure Thought
Cameron McGill / Not on My Side
Cameron McGill / Sold the Rest
Say Hi / Back Before We Were Brittle
MGMT / Weekend Wars
Anarctica Takes It! / Circuits
Afternoon Naps / Clean Bill of Health
You Say Party! We Say Die! / Monster (RAC remix)
A-ko / Soul '69 (pt II)

No comments: