Thursday, January 14, 2010

Electricity + Drums

1/11/10 Show
Check out the full playlist.

Of particular note this week:

- Finally got around to playing The Shout Out Louds new track "Walls", which is the lead song from their upcoming album Work (out 2/23). Can't decide if this is just a little to schmaltzy for me, but if I liked "Ambling Alp" I probably have to like this...

- The Apparitions' "Electricity + Drums" was recently unearthed by I Am Fuel, You Are Friends, and I'd second her recommendation.

- Young Man appeared again on the playlist this week. Check out "Playtime".

- Many moons ago, I saw Pit Er Pat open for Tortoise, and I enjoyed the disheveled & playful prog-rock openers more so than the headliners. It seems as though Pit Er Pat has abandoned Chicago in favor of the warmer climes of L.A., and has decided to adopt M.I.A. as their muse. I don't fully approve of the change, but maybe you will: "Water"

No comments: