Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just A Growin'

January 4, 2010 Show
Check out the full playlist from yesterday's show.

Of particular note this week:

- Nice mellow jam from Young Man, complete with some African-inspired guitar licks: "Just a Growin'". Wait till the last 45 seconds if it doesn't grab you right away.

- Totally unrelated to yesterday's show, but I just saw this posted to My Old Kentucky Blog. Haven't listened yet, but the post contains the words "Free" "DFA" & "Mixtape", so you should go download it now.

On New Year's Eve I received two wonderful bits of news that pretty much guarantee I will be having a pretty rad 2010:

1. I was honored as "Best KBUT DJ in the Butte" as voted by town citizens & visitors in a totally unscientific manner. I'm not sure how official these things are, but I'll take it as a compliment (as opposed to the people who call in to my show and tell me to stop playing "Dentist-chair Muzak").

2. I am now a paid employee of KBUT, serving as Music Director for the station. I'm incredibly excited & honored. What does this mean for this blog? I don't know yet, but I will be posting music updates to kbut.org in the near future. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: