Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pledge Drive Season

KBUT's biannual pledge drive arrived on Wednesday the 13th with a goal of $35,000. Wanting to highlight just one way how a community radio station serves its listeners, I decided to promote several upcoming shows in the Denver area (my kind of bands don't make it any closer). On top of that, I played a good dose of some brand new tracks circulating the internet. Things went well and it I raised about $225 during my show. Thanks to all my friends and family who pledged, especially Tom and my Pops.

The concerts:
2/26 The Hives @ Ogden (I missed it!)
3/22 Justice @ Ogden
3/27 Jens Lekman @ Gothic
4/1 Vampire Weekend @ Bluebird
4/20 Man Man / Yeasayer @ Bluebird
5/3 Cut Copy / Black Kids @ Larimer Lounge

The only concert you can definitely expect a report on is the Man Man show (its hard to get to Denver with all this snow we've been getting).

The CD Burner and I are still quarreling. Sorry, no mp3 this week.

Artist / Song

Black Lips / Katrina
Vampire Weekend / A-Punk
Hives / Here We Go Again
Matt + Kim / It's a Fact (Printed Stained)
Tapes + Tapes / Hang Them All
The Blakes / Don't Bother Me
Zookeeper / Ballad of My Friends
Man Man / Top Drawer
Yeasayer / 2080
Say Hi / Back Before We Were Brittle *Drew's request
DeVotchKa / Transliterator
State Bird / I Saw the Light
Jens Lekman / Maple Leaves
Antarctica Takes It! / Circuits
Black Kids / I'm Not Gonna Teach Your...
Cut Copy / So Haunted
Fryars / The Ides
M.I.A. / Paper Planes (Holy F*ck remix)
Cassettes Won't Listen / Paper Float
Justice / D.A.N.C.E.
Ghostland Observatory / Sad Sad City
Spoon / The Underdog
TV on the Radio / Wolf Like Me
Bloc Party / Banquet

No comments: