Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Computer Blue

7/06/09 Show
Yep, I'm way behind in posting this, but July has been a remarkably busy month. I'm going ahead and tweeking the post format a bit, so I won't have to waste time retyping all of my playlists. Instead, a link is provided below to the full playlist on the KBUT website. MP3 links from each week will be posted, allowing me to spend more time on those than on needless retyping of playlists. Let me know what you think.

Of particular note this week:
- Be sure to check out the Generationals, who share a label and some sonic qualities with Dr. Dog. All of the tracks available are really enjoyable and worth downloading.
The Generationals - Angry Charlie, etc.

- Of Montreal cover Prince! Computer Blue

- Promising new single from this Austin quartet, who have already made some solid tunes in recent years: The Octopus Project - Wet Gold

- Part tropicalia pop, part epic indie songwriting with a dash of electro = I like it: Daestro - Spritle

- Played it on the show, but you can probably skip this one unless you are really in the mood for an overly poppy/cheesy Cat Stevens soundalike: The Voyces - Kissing Like It's Love

- And finally, a fitting and very worthwhile MJ tribute: Erykah Badu w/ The Roots - I Wanna Be Where You Are

View the Full Playlist

No comments: