Monday, September 14, 2009

All Yr Songs

9/14 Show
Of particular note this week:

- Los Campesinos! explore a darker subject & sound on this new title track from their upcoming album. Great to see them experimenting and growing as a band - "The Sea is a Good Place to Think of the Future"

- Havn't seen his new album at KBUT yet, but I may need to seek out AA Bondy's When The Devil's Loose on my own. Check out "I Can See the Pines Are Dancing", a nice, more upbeat number from the gifted songwriter.

- Arresting little love song from Diamond Rings: "All Yr Songs". I'm a big fan.

- Not my favorite track yet from The Very Best, but M.I.A.'s vocals fit well with their sound: "Rain Dance (ft. M.I.A.)"

- Grampall Jookabox is now just Jookabox. He added a full band and seems to be recording the best music of his career with "Phantom Don't Go". Good to see something innovative coming out of Indianapolis.

- Looking forward to hearing the new album from King Khan & BBQ Show, as this title track is thoroughly pleasant (if less frantic & rough than some of their other tracks): "Invisible Girl"

- This week's buzzy lo-fi entry: a lovely ditty from the Smith Westerns: "Imagine Pt. 3"

- Two different worthwhile tracks, one link. First, listen to Heavy Trash's heartfelt & slightly silly bluesy-garage-rambler "Gee, I Really Love You". Then, try the pop sing-a-long "Flaming Arrow" by Jupiter One.

- Great sound on this new track from The Swimmers: "What This World Is Coming To". Love the keyboards & the handclap sound of the drums.

Check out the full playlist.

No comments: