Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monolith Festival Preview

8/31 Show
Colorado's best music festival is rapidly approaching, so I spent the entire 2 hours of my show on Monday playing bands that will be performing that glorious weekend of September 12 & 13th. (Why this week and not next? Well, I'll be on a pontoon boat and not on the radio on Labor Day.) I may only be attending Saturday of this year's festival, but that one day has a loaded lineup while Sunday only has 2-3 bands I would actually be excited to see (Phoenix & the Thermals). Saturday's eagerly anticipated performances include: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Of Montreal, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Girl Talk, Generationals, M. Ward, Walkmen, DOOM, Edward Sharpe & The Magnificent Zeros, Thao & the Get Down Stay Down, Starf*cker, Cotton Jones, Antlers, & Cymbals Eat Guitars. Not a bad day right there.

Check out all the pertinent info right here: Monolith Festival. Hopefully I'll get some notes up on this site after the show this year.

Check out the full playlist from Monday's show.

No comments: