Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Music is My Girlfriend V. 1

Well the first edition of Music is My Girlfriend has come and gone. I won't say it was an unqualified success, but it was a success nonetheless. I am moderately happy with my music selections, but I think with more preparation I can do a lot better and have a more focused show. The way I see it, the show can only get better.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the studio during the show (Drew, Josh, Arvin, Kellan, Aly, Kristen, Sarah, Kendall, Laurie, am I forgetting anyone?). It was great having you all there.

Here's the playlist from the first show (April 2, 2007). A portion of this playlist was recorded retroactively, so there is a slight gap where I can't recall what I played. Sorry.

Artist / Song / Album
Robin Hood Theme (animated version) - Intro
Cansei De Ser Sexy / Music is my Hot Hot Sex / CSS
Hot Chip / Over and Over / The Warning
!!! / Heart of Hearts / Myth Takes
Menomena / Wet + Rusting / Friend and Foe
Matt and Kim / Yea Yeah / Matt and Kim
B52s / Rock Lobster
Madonna / Like a Virgin (by request from The Steep/Laura)
The Pipettes / Pull Shapes / We Are the Pipettes
?
Freeform Five / No More Conversations (Mylo remix)
Kylie Minogue v. New Order / Can't Get Blue Monday Out of My Head
Notwist / Consequence / Neon Golden
Cibo Matto / Sci Fi Wasabi / Essential Cibo Matto
Stereolab / Margarine Eclipse / Maragrine Eclipse
The Sonics / Money / Here Come the Sonics
Los Straight Jackets / Dizzy Miss Lizzy / Rock en Espanol v. 1
Man Man / Black Mission Goggles / Six Demon Bag
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists / Sons of Cain / Living with the Living
The Sonics / Psycho / Here Come the Sonics
Arcade Fire / Keep the Car Running / Neon Golden
Belle & Sebastian / Get Me Away I'm Dying / If You're Feeling Sinister
Old 97s / Buick City Complex / Satellite Rides
Martin Sexton / Goin' to the Country / Seeds
Greg Laswell / Through Toledo / Through Toledo
Rhett Miller / Terrible Vision / The Instigator
Joe Jackson Band / Take it Like a Man / V. 4
Rod Stewart / Every Picture Tells a Story
Say Hi to Your Mom / Let's Talk About Spaceships / Numbers and Mumbles
Fujiya and Miyagi / Collarbone / Transparent Things
The Avalances / Ray of Zdarlight
Jackson 5 / I Want You Back (Z-Trip remix) / Motown Remixed
LCD Soundsystem / Tribulations / LCD Soundsystem
Soulwax / Krack

No comments: