Tuesday, April 10, 2007

number 2

Music is My Girlfriend #2 was, I think, in many ways superior to the first show, but still not without its miscues and whatnot. Hooking up my iPod is still a precarious idea as I have played the wrong song a number of times when I am hurrying to cue a track. This makes me look like an idiot (especially when I intro the song as one and play another). The solution? Burn more CDs in preparation or be more careful.

My good friend Ryan from home is in town for a couple days, so it was nice having him in the studio. Thanks to Kellan, Kristen, Josh, Andrew & Donny for also stopping by.

This is what happened...

Artist / Song / Album

Robin Hood theme (animated version)
Velvet Underground / Venus in Furs / 1966 Acetate Demo
April March / Chick Habit / Death Proof Soundtrack
Velvet Underground / Waiting for My Man / 1966 Acetate Demo
Vietnam / Priest, Poet & Pig / Vietnam
Menomena / Wet and Rusting / Friend and Foe
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists / Bottle of Buckie / Living with the Living
Malajube / La Monogramie / Trompe L'oeil
Old Crow Medicine Show / Old Virginia Creeper / Big Iron World
Old Crow Medicine Show / Union Maid / Big Iron World
Spring Creek Bluegrass / Memories of Greenbrier / Rural and Cosmic Bluegrass
Jarvis Cocker / Fat Children / Jarvis
Man Man / Black Mission Goggles / 6 Demon Bag
Electrelane / To the East / No Shouts, No Calls
The Blow / Parentheses / Paper Television
Fiest / My Moon, My Man / My Moon, My Man Single
David Byrne / The Man Who Loved Beer / Grown Backwards
The National / Fake Empire / The Boxer
The Mary Onettes / Lost / The Mary Onettes
Jens Lekman / A Sweet Summer Night on Hammersmith Hill / Oh, You're So Silent Jens
Rappers Delight Club / When We Were Kids
Klaxons / Atlantis to Interzone / Myths of the Near Future
Muscles / Ice Cream
Bonde Do Role / Solta O Frango / Solta O Frango Single
LCD Soundsystem / Someone Great / Sound of Silver
LCD Soundsystem / All my Friends / Sound of Silver
The Blow / Hey Boy / Poor Aim: Love Songs
One-Two / O-Hot Brain (Pedro & Panama remix)
The Knife / We Share Our Mother's Health / Silent Shout
Junior Boys / In The Morning (Hot Chip remix) / Dead Horse EP

tune in next week for something great

No comments: