Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Bliss

St. Patrick's Day snuck up on me a bit, leaving me relatively unprepared for last night's show. On the bright side, it seems many of my unprepared shows go over well and feature a better mix of songs than my researched shows. I was elated to find a new album from Jonathan Richman in the studio, so I played a couple of songs from that CD. I also got my hands on a copy of Man Man's new album, so it was a good week in new music for me. I had a bit of fun mixing together 3 different versions of M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes". I am looking into some DJ mixing software for my computer, so I thought I would play with some of the equipment in the studio in preparation.

No bad album cover this week. It was St. Patty's Day, and I was distracted.

Song mp3 links will be up shortly...

Artist / Song

DeVotchKa / Transliterator
Fiery Furnaces / Duplexes of the Dead
State Bird / I Saw the Light
Born Ruffians / Barnacle Goose
Man Man / El Azteca
Man Man / Top Drawer
Jens Lekman / Maple Leaves
Jonathan Richman / Because Her Beauty is Raw and Wild
Jens Lekman / Friday Night @ the Drive-In Bingo
Jonathan Richman / The Lovers Are Here and They're Full of Sweat
Vampire Weekend / Walcott
Tom Thumb / Preach
Phosphorescent / Worried Blues
Nat Baldwin / Lake Erie
Of Montreal / Lysergic Bliss
Los Campesinos! / Broken Heartbeats Sound Like Breakbeats
Die! Die! Die! / Sideways Here We Come
The D'Urbervilles / Hot Tips
Prototypes / Je Ne Te Connais Pas
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks / Cold Son
M.I.A. / Paper Planes
M.I.A. / Paper Planes (Holy F*ck remix)
M.I.A. / Paper Planes (DFA remix)
Matt and Kim / Yea Yeah
MGMT / Time to Pretend
Patrick Wolf / Bluebells
Crystal Castles / Crimewave (Crystal Castles vs. HEALTH)
Juan Maclean / By the Time I Get to Venus
Crystal Castles / Vanished
Vitalic / Pony Pt 2
LCD Soundsystem / Yeah (Crass Version)

No comments: