Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Pledge Drive, Vol. 2

8/11 Show
I was actually kind of nervous going into my new timeslot (2-4pm) today. It wasn't the first time I've done a daytime show, but it was the first time I've done one during a pledge drive where you are actually expected to raise some money. During my former nighttime slot it was a surprise everytime someone called to pledge. I planned quite a bit for this show, bringing two mix CDs and several pages of notes with me into the studio. Pledging went slowly, but it ended with a bang for a show total of $390. Thanks to everyone who called in and pledged. It will be nice to get back to normal radio in a day or two when we meet our pledge drive goal of $35,000.

All the mp3 links are up (as of 8/15 pm).

Artist / Song
The Dutchess & the Duke / Armageddon Song
Dodos / Winter
Pomegranates / Whom/Who
The Seedy Seeds / The Push
State Bird / I Don't Love You Anymore
The Cave Singers / Oh Cristine
Grizzly Bear / Two Weeks (live on Letterman)
Daniel Rossen / Too Little Too Late
Richard Swift / Would You
Blitzen Trapper / Furr
Those Dancing Days / Hitten
I'm From Barcelona / Music Killed Me
The Muslims / On My Time
Jonathan Richman / Roadrunner
Hearts of Palm / No Water
Young Coyotes / When I Was in the Fire
Everything Absent or Distorted / The Exit Parade
The Chain Gang of 1974 / The Dirt

CSS / Beautiful Song
Esau Mwamwaya, Santogold, MIA, etc / Get it Up
Alejandro Escovedo / Always a Friend
The Dutchess & the Duke / Mary
Velvet Underground / We're Gonna Have a Real Good Time Together
Lackthereof / Last November
Takka Takka / Everybody Say
Matthew Ryan / Drunk & Disappointed
Dr. Dog / The Rabbit, the Bat, the Reindeer
Fiery Furnaces / Duplexes of the Dead

No comments: