Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Monolith Preview

From 9/8 Show
With Colorado's best music festival looming on my weekend calendar, I did my best to get listeners just as excited about the Monolith Festival. My summer thus far has been relatively void of good concerts, so I figure a weekend of about 60 bands ought to make up for it all. I'll see what I can do about posting some post-Monolith thoughts (hopefully more detailed than last year's reports: Day One, Day Two). Anyhow, all of the bands below are playing at the Monolith Festival (although a couple are only appearing at special VIP events).

Mp3 links are up and awesome.

Artist / Song
CSS / Patins
Pomegranates / Whom/Who
Hearts of Palm / No Water
Vampire Weekend / A-Punk
Blitzen Trapper / Not Your Lover
Morning Benders / Mother & Child Reunion
Handsome Furs / Cannot Get, Started
Band of Horses / General Specific
John Vanderslice / White Dove
The Whigs / Right Hand on my Heart
Avett Brothers / Paranoia in Bb Major
Holy F*ck / Lovely Allen
TV on the Radio / Staring at the Sun
Akron/Family / Ed is a Portal
DeVotchKa / Transliterator
The Muslims / On My Time
Cameron McGill / Not on my Side
KaiserCartel / Oh No
Rock Plaza Central / My Children, Be Joyful
Grampall Jookabox / Take Me from Diamondhead
The Dutchess & the Duke / Back to Me
White Denim / Shake Shake Shake
Port O'Brien / I Woke Up Today
Cloud Cult / Hurricane & Fire Survival Guide
Cut Copy / Feel the Love
Passion Pit / Sleepy Head
Justice / Phantom Pt 1
The Presets / Talk Like That
TV on the Radio / Wolf Like Me
Hood Internet / Superbowl Jesus
Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings / My Man is a Mean Man
White Williams / New Violence

No comments: