Thursday, October 9, 2008

Loosen Up

10/6 Show
Technical difficulties have taken their toll at Music is My Girlfriend Headquarters. I moved into a new house at the beginning of the month and don't have an internet connection as of yet, thus limited my web-based trolling, downloading, and show preparation. Even worse, the CD drive in my laptop has decided to stop reading CDs, meaning I can't rip endless amounts of new music from KBUT during my show. These technical issues have severely altered my radio show preparation, but I feel that may have produced a more well-rounded show on Monday.

Of note this week is Beck's live version of "Guess I'm Doing Fine" from the Union Chapel, London show in 2003. You can find the entire show by following the link. And yes, I played Passion Pit's "Sleepyhead" again.

A couple mp3s are up and running. I may stop linking repeat mp3s (songs that I have played and linked to in previous weeks). Any thoughts?

Artist / Song
Birdmonster / Born to Be Your Man
Little Joy / No One's Better Sake
Vampire Weekend / I Stand Corrected
The Morning Benders / Mother and Child Reunion
Okkervil River / Singer Songwriter
Sam Champion / Always the Same
The Broken West / Perfect Games
The Strokes / Hard to Explain
The Shaky Hands / Loosen Up
Wild Sweet Orange / Either/Or
Delta Spirit / Children
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / Is This Love?!
French Kicks / Said So What
The Dutchess & the Duke / Mary
Earlimart / Face Down in the Right Town
The Spinto Band / Summer Grof
Band Marino / Every Time I Make a Girl Cry I Know I've Done My Job
Starf*cker / German Love
the Notwist / Pilot
Fujiya & Miyagi / Pussyfooting
Prefuse 73 / One Word Extinguisher
Beck / Guess I'm Doing Fine (live in London 2003)
Blitzen Trapper / Furr
Richard Swift / Would You
Young Coyotes / When I Was in the Fire
The Kooks / Kids (MGMT cover)
TV on the Radio / Golden Age
The Faint / Forever Growing Centipedes
Hot Chip / Hold On
Passion Pit / Sleepyhead

No comments: