Monday, October 13, 2008

Stay Hungry

10/13 Show
Free 6th row tickets to David Byrne in Denver was more than worth the 10+ hours of driving required in the last 24 hours. I had planned to get my radio show covered, but I was so inspired and excited by Byrne's live show that I decided to wake up early and drive back to CB in time for Music is My Girlfriend. Obviously the concert is the reason for the glut of Talking Heads and Byrne/Eno tracks in this playlist.

I came back to KBUT to find loads of new and exciting albums in the studio. To name a few: Of Montreal, I'm From Barcelona, Margot & the Nuclear So & So's, among others. I should be digging into these during the next week, so expect to hear more tracks off them then.

Links will be up soon, hopefully.

Artist / Song
Talking Heads / Artists Only (live 8/8/79)
Talking Heads / Stay Hungry (live 8/8/79)
David Byrne & Brian Eno / Strange Overtones
Of Montreal / Mingusings
Delta Spirit / People C'mon
Talking Heads / Houses in Motion (live)
Talking Heads / Heaven (live)
Margot & the Nuclear So & So's / O' What a Nightmare
Matt & Kim / Good Ole Fashioned Nightmare
Ratatat / Dura
David Byrne & Brian Eno / Life is Long
Broken West / Perfect Games
Elvis Costello / (I Don't Want to Go to) Chelsea
the Brazda Brothers / Lonely Time
Nick Drake / Pink Drake
Elliott Smith / Angel in the Snow
Gangi / Fire in Cairo
Miniature Tigers / Cannibal Queen
I'm From Barcelona / Headphones
Peter, Bjorn, and John / Up Against the Wall
Ratatat / Can You Tell
Spoon / Back to the Life
Her Space Holiday / Sleepy Tigers
Pete Yorn / American Blues, Vol 1
Birdmonster / I Might Have Guessed
Beck / Loser (live London 2003)
Mercury Rev / Senses on Fire (Fujiya & Miyagi remix)
Weird Tapes / TV Romance
Cut Copy / Unforgettable Season
Hercules & Love Affair / Hercules Theme
Ratatat / Wildcat

No comments: