Thursday, August 2, 2007

Out of It

Monday I was feeling a little out of it. For no apparent reason I was kindof anxious all day long, and by the time 10:30 rolled around I was rather tired. I had spend an hour or two downloading new tracks from the internet and was all set to break some of them out, when I got to the studio and realized I had forgotten my cable that connects my iPod to the board. Thus, I had to scramble with my music choices and therefore revisited alot of songs I have played in the past. Forgive me, but I was not exactly feeling this one. I did, however, get alot of kudos from friends and listeners, so perhaps I should reenact this scenario every week.

Artist / Song

Spoon / The Underdog
St. Vincent / Paris Is Burning
Handsome Furs / Can Not Get Started
Avett Brothers / Paranoia in B Major
Iron and Wine / Boy With A Coin
Yo La Tengo / I Feel Like Going Home
Metric / Hardwire
Menomena / Wet and Rusting
Sufjan Stevens / Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois
Notwist / One with the Freaks
Belle and Sebastian / Get Me Away I'm Dying
Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton / The Bank
Cat Power / The Greatest
Twilight Sad / Cold Days from the Birdhouse
Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Diamond Sea
Laura Veirs / Fire Snakes
Jens Lekman / Maple Leaves
The Kinks / The Village Green Preservation Society
The Kinks / Sunny Afternoon
The Kinks / Picture Book
Steely Dan / Peg
Antony and Johnsons / Fistful of Love
Nico / These Days
St. Vincent / Jesus Saves, I Spend
Man Man / Van Helsing Boombox
Bodies of Water / These Are The Eyes
Benoit Pioulard / Palimend
I'm From Barcelona / Ola Kala
Wolf Parade / You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son
White Stripes / I Can't Wait
Art Brut / Emily Kane
Sam Cooke / Bring It Home To Me

The brief Kinks explosion was a direct result of having just seen the trailer for the new Wes Anderson film. Sadly we didn't have "This Time Tomorrow" in the studio, but I had downloaded it and was going to play it had I not forgotten my cable. Boohiss.

In more important news, the biannual KBUT pledge drive just kicked off on Tuesday AM. I would like to encourage all out there to listen in to my show of Monday, and if the mood strikes you right, give us a call and make a donation. KBUT is a great community resource for us out here in Crested Butte, and we feel lucky that we get to share it with the rest of the world through the internet. Plus, there are some great Premiums you can win for pledging! More news to come on this front...

No comments: