Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Monolith Primer

For Monday, September 10th's MIMG, I decided to play solely artists who will be appearing at the Monolith festival this weekend at Red Rocks. It was a good concept for a show that I hadn't had much time to plan, and it worked amazingly. I had several happy callers, one of whom told me it was the best show she'd ever heard on KBUT. Thanks for stoking my ego, anonymous caller. Here's the playlist:

Artist / Song

Ra Ra Riot / Each Year (RAC mix)
Matt and Kim / Yea Yeah
Editors / An End Has a Start
Spoon / I Turn My Camera On
Decemberists / O Valencia!
Art Brut / Post Soothing Out
Flaming Lips / Fight Test
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth
Ghostland Observatory / Sad Sad City
Cake / Meanwhile, Rick James...
Cat-a-Tac / Needles and Pins
Au Revoir Simone / The Lucky One
Kings of Leon / Red Morning Light
Spoon / The Underdog
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / Windows
Margot and the Nuclear So & So's / Queit as a Mouse
Decemberists / Perfect Crime #2
YACHT / See a Penny (Pick It Up)
Flaming Lips / Ego Tripping (Self Admiration with Blow Up mix)
YACHT / A Summer Song
Ghostland Observatory / Stranger Lover
Kings of Leon / Taper Jean Girl
Cake / Love You Madly
Art Brut / Emily Kane
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood
Flaming Lips / Do You Realize??? (Live CD101 version)
Ra Ra Riot / Each Year

No comments: