Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Had a Headache

Ideally, I would have been more excited and prepared to come back to my show after missing last week. Instead, I had a headache and didn't really know what to play after a long day of work and errands. I was lucky enough to see an intimate performance of a couple local bands that night in Gunnison, but even that was not enough to erase my headache and tiredness. I ended the show with at least half an hour of long electronic songs, mainly because I ran out of other stuff to play. I was not totally impressed with any of the new albums in the studio (Iron and Wine, Gravenhurst, Figurines, Two Gallants, etc.) that I had been excited about. Perhaps it was my mood going into them, so I will give them another chance. I did play some music from bands I saw while I was away, notably several Ra Ra Riot songs and one from the National and LCD Soundsystem.

While I was away seeing great concerts, the always great Josh Bock filled in for me. He tells me he played music that I turned him onto, so it must have been like listening to my show anyway. Josh had a regular slot now, Thursday nights at 10:30 Mountain Time. If you can, check it out.

I do have an mp3 of most of this show available. Follow this link and type in the letter code to access the download. It wasn't my best show, and the mp3 seems to skip a bit for unknown reasons. The recording goes from the beginning of the show through part of the Working for a Nuclear Free City track. Here's the playlist:

Artist / Song

Ra Ra Riot / Dying is Fine
Man Man / Van Helsing Boombox
Iron & Wine / Wolves (the Shepard's Dog)
Two Gallants / Miss Meri
Black Francis / Lolita
Throw Me the Statue / Lolita
Akron Family / Ed is a Portal
Ra Ra Riot / Ghost Under Rocks
Figurines / Let's Head Out
Belle & Sebastian / The State I Am In
Glen Hansard / Fallen From the Sky
frYars / The Ides
Jose Gonzalez / Down the Line
The Twilight Sad / And She Would Darken the Memory
Gravenhurst / Hollow Man
The National / Mistaken for Strangers
Ra Ra Riot / Each Year
Working for a Nuclear Free City / Asleep at the Wheel
The Rapture / Sister Savior (DFA Dub)
LCD Soundsystem / Us v Them
Nine Inch Nails / The Hand That Feeds (DFA remix)
Le Tigre / Deceptacon (DFA remix)
One-Two / O-Hot Brain (Pedro + Panama remix)
Matt + Kim / Yea Yeah (Bobby Evans ft. Jimmy Jamz final)
Ra Ra Riot / Can You Tell

No comments: