Thursday, December 27, 2007

Some Songs I Like

Filled in for the "Hands-On Experience" show tonight from 8:30 till 10:30pm. I tried to play a bunch of my favorite songs from the past year, but when I put a playlist together I had at least 3 hours of music lined up without much digging. In a way I ended up succeeding, but if I were you I wouldn't read this as any sort of "best songs of the year" list.

In other news, I think I am done reading the KBUT studio phone number on the air. It always leads to really bad requests that don't fit my show. at all. See this week's examples below...

No mp3 this week, but there WILL be one for Monday's best albums show. Once again, that show is at 10am Mountain Time.

Artist / Song

Zookeeper / Ballad of My Friends
Shaky Hands / Why and How Come
Spoon / the Underdog
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists / Bottle of Buckie
Arcade Fire / Keep the Car Running
Patrick Wolf / Overture
Bon Iver / Skinny Love
Dire Straits / Money for Nothing *call-in request
the Hives / Won't Be Long
Black Lips / Cold Hands
Art Brut / Post Soothing Out
Ra Ra Riot / Each Year
Jose Gonzalez / Down the Line
Feist / I Feel it All
Earlimart / Nothing is True
The National / Fake Empire
Dinosaur Jr. / We're Not Alone
Red Hot Chili Peppers / Snow (Hey Oh) *call-in request
Vietnam / Priest Poet & Pig
Devendra Banhart / Seahorse
Kentucky Nightmare / Caroline and I
Menomena / Wet and Rusting
Jens Lekman / Opposite of Hallelujah
Of Montreal / Suffer for Fashion
Of Montreal / Sink the Seine
Cut Copy / So Haunted
M.I.A. / Paper Planes
LCD Soundsystem / All My Friends

No comments: